Gale Courses – Online Learning
Click HERE to access Gale!
Access to Online Courses at Gale Courses–FREE!
Never stop learning! Whether you’re looking for college-level, professional development, or personal enrichment courses, Fort St. James Public Library now offers hundreds of online courses that are accessible anywhere online, 24/7. Just enroll in the course of your choice, and work on it anywhere you have internet access–you can even use one of our public computers at the Library.
Requirements: All courses require a library card, e-mail, internet access, and a web browser. Some courses may have additional requirements.
Gale Courses are free to Fort St. James Library cardholders. We gratefully acknowledge the support of the College of New Caledonia and the College of New Caledonia’s Community and Adult Literacy Program for their support in bringing this platform to the community.
Gale Courses offer well-crafted lessons, expert online instruction, and interaction with fellow students. When you earn a final grade of at least 65%, you will receive your Certificate of Completion.
Gale Courses offers access to online learning courses that are available anytime, anywhere, any place. Other benefits include:
- Courses are free for all patrons interested in any discipline.
- Gale Courses is easy to use; just use your Fort St. James Public Library account to sign up and log in.
- All courses are six-weeks in duration with start dates monthly, so you can join programs year-round.
Gain valuable knowledge you can immediately apply to your life or on the job. There’s definitely something for everyone:
- Career & Professional Development: Many courses are tied to the fastest-growing occupations.
Examples include: Accounting, Resume Writing, Business & Management, Grant Writing & Nonprofit, Real Estate, Healthcare, and Sales & Marketing.
- Computers & Technology: Courses cover all skill levels from beginner to advanced, even focusing on specific software applications.
Examples include: Introduction to the Microsoft Office Suite, Database Management, Graphic & Multimedia Design, and The Internet.
- Personal Enrichment: A wide array of courses truly offers the opportunity to transform lives, whether related to hobbies, education, or life resources.
Examples include: Children, Parents, & Family, Digital Photography, Health & Wellness, and GED Test Prep.
Please be aware that Gale does not send reminders when courses start or new course materials are available. Students must keep track of these dates themselves. Courses not completed can always be taken again later.