Looking for a new read? Check out some of these resources to help you find that next great book:
- NoveList – reading recommendations from libraries (you’ll need your library card # to sign in). Find new books based on books you’ve already loved.
- GoodReads – check out the many lists of YA literature curated by the GoodReads community.
- The Printz Award – given annually by the Young Adult Library Services Association (a branch of the American Library Association) to the best of YA literature.
- The Alex Awards – given annually to adult titles that have the most interest and appeal to teens (ages 12 – 18). Full list of winners available here.
- The CLA Young Adult Book Award – given annually by the Canadian Library Association to a YA title written by a Canadian author and published by a Canadian publisher. The best of home-grown YA literature.
- The Boston Globe-Horn Book Awards – first presented in 1967 and customarily announced in June, the Boston Globe–Horn Book Awards are among the most prestigious honors in the field of children’s and young adult literature. Winners are selected in three categories: Picture Book, Fiction and Poetry, and Nonfiction.
- Cybils Book Awards – the primary goal of the Children and Young Adults Bloggers Literary Awards is to discover great books and get them into the hands of children and teens, to help grow lifelong readers.